Certificate III in Resource Processing
On-the-job / Work Based Traineeship
Cost available on application
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
Participants are required to be 18 years or over and meet the physical fitness required for mine site entry
Job opportunities include:
- Process Operator
- Processing Technician
- Mineral Processing Technician
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Certificate IV in Resource Processing
This qualification reflects the role of employees such as production operators in a metalliferous processing facility or a coal preparation and treatment plant, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
- Students must not have fear of heights
- Students must not have fear of confinement
- Students must have the capacity to stand for extended periods of time
- Due to the physical requirements of these units the student must have basic physical fitness
On the job / work-based-traineeship
As a minimum, participants are required to comply with their employer’s safety standards.
All courseware and handouts
Recognition of Prior Learning
All individual students are offered the opportunity to apply for RPL, please see the Student Handbook or enquire at the RTO for the procedure on how to apply.
Units of Competency
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIENV302E Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIICOM301E Communicate information
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIMPO304E Conduct wheel loader operations
- RIIMPO308F Conduct tracked dozer operations
- RIIMPO337E Conduct articulated haul truck operations
- RIISAM202E Isolate and access plant
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
The RTO reserves the right to change the units within this training as required
Please refer to the student handbook www.ldo.com.au for the terms and conditions of enrolment, which includes: Enrolment and Selection; Training Guarantee; Course Fees, Payments and Refunds; Course Fees paid in Advance.
Price available on application
Mode of Assessment
On-the-job/Work Based – Students will complete all
their training and assessments on the job, with the
exception of the electives:
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces and
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights.
These two electives will be delivered through attendance at Face to Face training. Participants will be required to complete a written theory assessment and undertake a practical
assessment for each UOC.